Chinese astrology compatibility love match. Greetings!
In Astrology, we call this point 0 degrees of Aries. There are, however, two different zodiac systems. In western astrology, we use the Tropical Zodiac, which takes 0 degrees Aries to be the moment of the Spring Equinox (in the Northern Hemisphere) each year. In eastern (Vedic) astrology, they use the Sidereal Zodiac. This difference is because the solstices are continually precessing at a rate of 50 arcseconds / year due to the precession of the equinoxes, i.e. This difference is the difference between the sidereal and tropical zodiacs.
Welcome to this humble site. Perhaps you are here as someone interested in Learning Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) or perhaps to get a personal chart reading. Or you reached here by a random walk down the internet lane and wondering what someone ‘rational’ like you is doing on an ‘Astrology’ Page? 🙂
Well, whatever the reason, you might wish to linger around a bit, if you like. The perspective on this site will be, hopefully, a bit refreshing & different than what you might have encountered on various Astrology sites, youtube videos et al.
For those who have no active interest in astrology and/ or predictions, I would advise a quick 5 to 10 minute walk through the articles in ‘What is Jyotish’. Just a synopsis of my journey though this wonderful art over the years along with some points as to why Jyotish gets a bad rep in the scientific/ professional community
- Each zodiac sign possesses different traits according to Vedic Astrology. Cancer horoscope today will help you to know more about your daily activities, profession, love, finance, family and health. We have described below some physical appearance of Cancer people.
- This page provides daily lagna, also known as Hindu ascendant, timings on March 19, 2021 for Boydton, Virginia, United States. It lists start and end timings of all twelve lagnas for each day with Pushkara Navamsa time and lagna angle at sunrise. The lagna is also known as udaya lagna and rising sign at eastern horizon.
If you are unclear on the difference between Jyotish (vedic) vs. Western astrology, please read the article on Sidereal vs. Tropical systems on the main page Menu
If you are a student of astrology, you will soon realize that the literature review of even elemental Jyotish – Parasara Hora Shastra, Phaladeepika, Jamini sootra, etc. can be overwhelming and confusing, especially when starting out learning new principles. I would recommend these concise & summarized lessons to learn the very basics of Jyotish in the Lessons tab as an addendum to literature reviews. These lessons do not eliminate the need for literature review. However they serve as a good crash course and summary of the basics that form the ABC of Jyotish.
If Generic predictions on global events concerns you, please check the Generic Predictions tab. As per popular requests recieved, time permitting, I will add articles here frequently and keep the language simplified enough for the general reader (with no astrology knowledge). Please note that for Individual based requests on global events, I will only discuss the findings if there is a AA Rodden rated data available for the time, place & date of birth.
If you are looking for a personal reading, unfortunately that is not what I provide on this forum. Also please don’t contact me offering money for the same. I receive on an average North of 100 such requests and offers of money everyday in my mailbox.
NO personal readings here!
A few housekeeping items
Difference Between Tropical And Vedic Astrology Susan Miller
- I am not selling anything here & this site is non-commercial
- If you don’t believe in Jyotish/ Astrology as you know everything about it. That’s good as I have no intention to change anyone’s mind. I too didn’t believe in it, till I researched it meticulously & have been doing so since a little shy of 3 decades
- I am a scientist turned Investment Banker -researching Vedic Astrology (Jyotish) since 25 years as of 2020. You can read a bit more about me in the- well ‘About Me’ page 🙂
- If you are a student of Jyotish – feel free to go through the dozens of articles in the Lessons & Advanced Lessons tab. My intent is to keep adding to them frequently
- I do respond frequently to questions posted by visitors, time permitting. I do not respond to individual chart queries, rather generic questions which are pertinent to those learning Jyotish
- If you are looking for a personal reading, this is not the place. Believe me, of the average 100-150 queries I get per day, 90% of them begin by requesting to be the exception from the norm. I can unfortunately not do so, not yet atleast.