Look beyond Sun Signs. Click on a zodiac sign to read about the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Ascendant in the signs: Aries Taurus Gemini Cancer Leo Virgo Libra Scorpio Sagittarius Capricorn Aquarius Pisces. Scorpio is the third of the four fixed signs of the zodiac, who all hold the elemental energy of endurance and stability in the center phase of the four seasons. Scorpio begins the middle of Autumn, when the season is most “fixed” and established, lending to the deep, tenacious, and obsessive tendencies of Scorpio. When Cancer and Scorpio make a love match, the resulting relationship draws together the energies of two emotionally intense Signs. Signs such as these often combine well, each partner’s strengths balancing the other’s weaknesses. These Signs feel a strong sexual attraction, and when they are together the temperature in the room tends to rise!
|Zodiac symbol||Scorpion (mythology)|
|Duration (tropical, western)||October 23 – November 22 (2021, UT1)|
|Sign ruler||Mars (traditional), Pluto (modern)|
|Exaltation||None in traditional, Uranus in modern.|
Scorpio (♏︎) is the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Scorpius. It spans 210°–240° ecliptic longitude. Under the tropical zodiac (most commonly used in Western astrology), the Sun transits this sign on average from October 23 to November 21. Under the sidereal zodiac (most commonly used in Hindu astrology), the Sun is in Scorpio from approximately November 16 to December 15. Depending on which zodiac system one uses, an individual born under the influence of Scorpio may be called a Scorpio or a Scorpion.
Scorpio is one of the three water signs, the others being Cancer and Pisces. It is a fixed, negative sign. Scorpio is associated with three different animals: the scorpion, the snake, and the eagle (or phoenix). According to The Astrology Bible, Scorpio's colors are deep red, maroon, black, and brown.
Mosaic in Maltezana near Analipsi, Astypalaia, 5th century CE.
Scorpio adorning a building in Hamburg, Germany, designed by sculptor Richard Kuöhl.
A mosaic in a residential complex in the Jedlesee district of Vienna.
Astrological Signs Love Match
- ^Astronomical Applications Department 2011.
- ^Oxford n.d., s.v. Scorpio and Sagittarius.
- ^Sharma 2016.
- ^Oxford n.d., s.v. Scorpio.
- ^Allen 1899, p. 107
- ^Lewis 2003, pp. 601–608.
- ^Hall 2005, pp. 84–91.
- Allen, Richard Hinckley (1899). Star-names and Their Meanings. G.E. Stechert.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°..
- Aubin, Ada; Rifkin, June (1998). The Complete Book of Astrology. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN0312180705.
- Hall, Judy (2005). The Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Zodiac. New York: Sterling. ISBN1402727593.
- Lewis, James R. (2003). The Astrology Book: The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences (2nd ed.). Detroit: Visible Ink Press. ISBN1578591449.
- 'Scorpio and Sagittarius'. Oxford Dictionaries. n.d. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- Sharma, Sanjay (2016). 'Scorpio Horoscope Vrischika Rashi – All About Scorpio Astrology'. Astrology-Prophets.com. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Media related to Scorpio at Wikimedia Commons